What is Hyper -V Manager ?
Hyper-V Manager is a powerful administrative tool which works on Virtualization Technology. Hyper-V Manager tool to Create, destroy, change and configure Hyper-V virtual machines.
It has guest operating system and upgrade or install integrated services that improve integration between Base Machine and the Virtual Machine (VM).
How To Create a Virtual Machine on Hyper-V Manager
- Open Hyper -V Manager and Right click on your base machine and create a “New” Virtual Machine (VM).
2.It open a new window pop with “New Virtual Machine Wizard” and follow the below step for creating:
- Before You Begin – Next
- Specify Name and Location – Name (According to your Requirement ) – “click” on “Store the virtual machine in a different location” (you can choose machine location where you can install it) – Next.
- Specify Generation – choose “Generation 1” – Next.
- Assign Memory – Startup memory (According to your Requirement) – Next.
- Configure Networking – Connection choose your Network connection for the machine – Next.
- Connect Virtual Hard Disk – “Create a virtual hard disk” – Name (Ubuntu-16.04.4 LTS.vhdx) – Location (browse for location where you want to create it.) – Size (as per your requirement ) – Next.
- Installation Option – “Install an operating system from a bootable CD/DVD-ROM”- “Image Files (.iso)” – Next.
- Summary – Finish.
Now your Virtual Machine or VPS is created on Hyper-v Manger and start it.