Overview = This interface allows you Cpanel File Manager gives you useful options to quickly manage your files within the Cpanel interface Cpanel organizes all the files in your account into folders. Use the File Manager interface to manage and edit your files.
cPanel File Manager gives you useful options to quickly manage your files within the cPanel interface. It’s easy to use and it removes the hassles of using FTP. You can create, upload, modify or remove files from this interface. It also gives the feature of moving files to Trash before permanently deleting them, from which it can be recovered later
How to access file manager in Cpanel:
These are the some basic steps to access a file manger you should follow these
1: In order to access each domain names Cpanel you should login in WHM (Web Host Manager) or directly access Cpanel for the specific domain at https://youripaddress:2083 we are going to provide the steps via WHM.
Navigate to your browser https://youripaddress:2087/ and enter your user name and password
2: once you login, at the upper left corner in the search bar type list of account
Enter the domain name you have to access the file manager and after that click on Cpanel icon
3: After clicking cpanel icon new interface will come your computer screen click on the file manager
4: Once you access it you should see something like the example below.
The public_html folder is the one that publishes your website . You have dozen of options in the File Manager, depending on what kind of file or directory is marked.
- Basics of the options
- + File and + Folder therefore are for creating a new file or directory;
- Copy and Move are for copying or moving a file/folder to a different directory;
- Download is for downloading a file or folder on your local PC;
- Delete to delete file/folder;
- Rename is for renaming the file/folder;
- Edit is for editing the file itself, which will redirect to a new page where you can write and save changes;
- HTML Editor is for editing HTML files and again the option opens a new page;
- Permissions will help you change the permissions of a certain file or folder – Read/Write/Execute.
- View – preview file.
- Compress allows you to create a Zip file of for example larger file/folder and it will be much faster if you wish to download it.